Fiscal subject related
The following categories of taxpayers have the obligation to submit the standard tax control file (SAF-T), through the D406 Informative Declaration:
- Joint Stock Companies (S.A.)
- Limited Partnership Companies (SCA)
- Limited Partnerships (SCS)
- Partnerships in the collective name (CNS)
- Limited Liability Companies (SRL)
- Autonomous kingdoms
- National institutes for research and development
- National Companies / Companies
- Craft Cooperative Organizations (OC1)
- Consumer Cooperative Organizations (OC2)
- Cooperative Credit Organizations (OC3) - Cooperative Credit Organizations (OC3)
- Units without legal personality in Romania belonging to legal entities with headquarters abroad
- Foreign legal entities that carry out activity through a permanent establishment / several permanent offices in Romania,
- Foreign legal entities that have the place to exercise effective management in Romania
- Associations with patrimonial purpose
- Associations / Persons without patrimonial purpose
- Collective investment undertakings that are not established by a constitutive act, as provided for in the legislation of the capital market, optional pension fun privately managed pension funds and other entities organized on the basis of the Civil Code
- Non-resident companies that have in Romania a registration code for the VAT purposes (taxpayers registered by direct registration, taxpayers registered by tax representative, fixed offices)
- Other legal entities, which are not found expressly mentioned in the exceptions list below.
On the other hand, the following categories of taxpayers do not have the obligation to submit the standard tax control file (SAF-T):
- Authorized natural persons (PFA)
- Individual enterprises (II)
- Family enterprises (IF)
- Natural persons carrying out profit-making activities (PFL)
- Family associations (ASF)
- Professional societies of lawyers with limited liability (SPAR) and individual law firms
- Notary professional companies and individual notary offices
- Individual medical offices (CMI)
- Professional Societies Insolvency Practitioners (SPI)
- Single-Member Professional Enterprises with Limited Liability (URL)
- Public Institutions (PUB), regardless of their source of funding or the category of taxpayers to which they are classified.
- Administrative authorities, regardless of their source of funding.
Other news from Romania
What happens with the lottery of fiscal receipts in Romania?
The lottery of fiscal receipts will not be resumed where from finances the abolition of this measure altogether is proposed Lottery of the fiscal receipts will not be resumed, as it was supposed to happen by the end of this month, when it is 90 days since the end of the State of Alert, according to a Draft GEO put into public debate by the Ministry of Finance. The measure will be abolished becau... Read more
New document was uploaded: Recorded webinar: E-commerce in EU: let's talk about OSS
On June 22nd, 2022, Fiscal Solutions organized a free webinar on the topic „E-commerce in EU: let's talk about OSS“. The webinar was held by Aleksandar Marinković, Legal Consultant at Fiscal Solutions and Marina Marinković, Sales Manager at Fiscal Solutions. Let’s hear what they have to say about this topic. Read more
Large taxpayers in Romania must file D406 starting this year with some exceptions with further deadlines
Even though Romania already has VAT reporting requirements in place in the form of its D394 form, it is in the process of transferring to SAF-T due to the more comprehensive coverage it offers and specific rules of reporting it brings. By Order 1783/2021, several amendments were made to the data from which large taxpayers must submit D406 and thus report in SAF-T. However, for taxpayers classifie... Read more
What are Intra-Community transactions?
Unlike the regular domestic sales and purchases transactions, Intra-Community transactions refer to the commercial transaction between different European Union (EU) countries. These transactions may involve parties that are established in different EU countries, in the case of services or the movement of goods from one EU country to another. More on types of Intra-Community transactions as follow... Read more
EU Extends VAT Reverse Charge and Quick Reaction Mechanisms
On June 3, 2022, Council Directive (EU) 2022/890 was published, amending the Directive 2006/112/EC in regard to the extension of the application period of the optional reverse charge mechanism in relation to supplies of certain goods and services susceptible to fraud and of the Quick Reaction Mechanism against VAT fraud. Particularly, the Directive extends: the possibility for Member States to... Read more
Is a 100% discount allowed in Romania?
In Romania, there are certain rules and requirements regarding discount options. There are two types of discounts in this country - a line discount and a total discount, but what are some specifics regarding the percentage of discounts allowed and how they can be applied. Read more