Fiscal subject related
These updates can be seen on the list below:
- From January 1, 2024. the transmission of the summary of transaction documents via business management programs (ERP) will be done in real time.
- For the year 2023, businesses using the registration form are required to transmit their document summaries within the next day from the date of issuance.
- The obligation to transmit the characterization of retail revenues issued by fiscal devices, through the online AADE information system, is postponed to April 1, 2023. Until March 31st, 2023, the relevant data is still transmitted through business management programs (accounting ERP) or the special registration form of AADE.
- The adjustment stage for the issuance of documents exclusively with electronic invoicing through a provider is extended to six months, for all businesses that choose this way of issuing and transmitting documents.
- It is possible to have a QR code on the accounting data issued using business management programs (commercial ERP) as well.
Other news from Greece
New document was uploaded: Recorded webinar: Meet Fiscal Solutions – What is our core business?
On March 15, 2023, Fiscal Solutions organized a free webinar on the topic of „Meet Fiscal Solutions – What is our core business?“. The webinar was held by Danilo Krstonijević, Account Manager at Fiscal Solutions. This webinar introduces us as an IT specialist for fiscalization and explains in detail what we do. Read more
Subscribe to get access to the latest news and documents.Already subscriber? Login
Exception case that allows inserting payment data directly into EFT with deadlines for fixing malfunctions for card payments in Greece
In the summer of this year, cash registers and EFT card terminals (POS payment systems) became interconnected, enabling the tax control mechanism to know in real time the amount and time each retail sales receipt is issued, as well as the method of payment by the customer. As a short reminder, the transaction will be initiated by the cash register for retail transactions, and the operator (cashier... Read more
Greece extends its temporarily reduced VAT rates once again
Based on the latest publication by the Greek Ministry of Finances, this country extends the temporary reduced VAT rates applicable to certain services until December 2023. More details are as follows. The VAT rate was reduced to 13% on non-alcoholic drinks, imports of works of art and supplies of works of art, passenger transport, gyms and dance schools, and tickets for zoos. This particular rate... Read more
Greece published a decision with an addition to the myDATA deadlines for retailers.
Greek officials published in the Official Gazette, after the relevant press release, the Decision A.1023/2023 amending A.1138/12.6.2020 regarding the myDATA platform. Details of the timeline and novelties concerning retail companies are presented below. Transmission of retail sales through electronic cash register mechanisms (also known in Greece as FIMs) is amended, and the obligation to trans... Read more
The limit for cash transactions in Greece is to be reduced again in 2023
The Ministry of Finance is promoting measures to further increase electronic transactions and to deal with another measure of tax evasion in 2023. The measures aim to reduce the use of cash in transactions even further and allow businesses to receive an even greater portion of their daily revenue through card payment machines or other forms of electronic payment. In particular, the reduction of th... Read more
AADE: specific cases when there is an option to issue manual receipts in Greece
A taxpayer (including retailers) may issue retail details by handwriting or other technical means outside of the device he uses on a regular, only in the following cases: an interruption of electricity or the operation of the means of issuing documents due to a technical problem if the taxpayer belongs to the category of entities that are exempt from the use of tax electronic mechanisms (noted... Read more
Categorization of two new types of fiscal mechanisms and their differences published in Greece
The technical specifications, noting and differencing two new types of Tax Electronic Mechanisms (FEM), are determined by a decision of the AADE's Giorgos Pitsilis. This is the distinction between the Tax Electronic Marking Mechanism of General Type (FIMAS, i.e., fiscal devices for regular sales), and the Restaurant FIMAS: FIMAS, like general-purpose devices, provides users with new capabili... Read more